Friday, April 24, 2009

Crucial Changes

Took a chance the other day and decided to see if I could find a spot that was breaking decently, despite the lack of a clean up forecasted with our recent swell. Took a ride to the south end, but didn't see much. Rain was headed out to sea, and the one spot that looked decent already had four guys on it. You can see the pier in the distance with the enlargement:

Drove a little further south and took the walk up the hill to the next spot check:

I always enjoy checking out the natural, rustic ambiance that this spot provides:
It took a few minutes to convince myself, but there were two distinct spots where it was breaking, so I decided to give it a go. You can see one spot out towards the right, which was where I headed. The inside was garbage as you can see.
During the session, it rained and then got clear, skywise, which meant things cleaned up and got somewhat glassy wave-wise for a spell. Lefts didn't line up too well, but every now and then you could find a decent right coming through. By the end, the wind was stirring things up again, but I was able to get a pretty good session all to myself.

I noticed there were a bunch of horseshoe crabs washed up on the beach.
The forecast for this weekend: small amounts of swell, large amounts of out-of-towners.

No comments: