Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer's Over!

Here's a video clip of the song "By The Sea" by Modern Life is War. By the sea yesterday was upper 60's, ans sunny with waves a near perfect waist to chest high thanks to the different tropical systems spinning to the south. The first hour out I was completely by myself with the exception of about ten dolphins swimming and jumping around in the water. So many long rides in particular one where I stood near the nose for a good fifty yards during the ride. Quickly, the Labor Day crowd of old men began invading the line up going from just me to about twenty people in fifteen minutes. From there I was snaked twice and burned on a couple waves and realized that it wasn't worth fighting the crowd. As of today, the crowds are thinning out and the line-up will be back to normal with the official close of summer.

No comments: