Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hearts of the Opressed

Here is an article from one of my favorite holiday shows from the Firehall era of LVPR. I remember that the line up for this show was incredible to me at the time. I don't remember the show being that long, but according to FOE it clocked it around five hours. I thought Ifarm was great and the seven inch they had out at the time was awesome, very NOFXish punk. Later when they released "So My Kids Won't Have to" I was kind of disappointed and lost interest. The Crash were awesome. To me they were like Plow Jr. and it still is a mystery what happened to them because they had so much potential. Their full length was awesome despite the cheesy name and cover. The Boils blew me away. My friends and I were still relatively new to DIY punk shows and the Boils just seemed so completely punk to us. Waaay more punk than any band we had seen up until that point. They were incredible and ripped through so many good songs. I can't say I followed them after that, just grabbed their seven inch which I still like to listen to on ocassion, but they are still alive and kicking today. Tru Zero played this and I don't remember them. I remember seeing them in Allentown a few months later and really liking them and their cassette, but I had no idea they were even on this bill until I reread the article. Plow was the final band and kids just went off, but the floor was completely soaked from snow, so people were just eating it left and right. The copy looks pretty bad because it was glued into a notebook a while back and I couldn't get it out without scanning the whole notebook page.


No comments: