Friday, January 1, 2010

Another Sigh, Another Year

With a new year, decade, whatever, comes a lot of reflection. Probably the best way to get the newest year started is to get in the water, which is exactly what I did to kick things off and in doing so came up with a lot of good ideas for projects, trips, artwork and just general stuff to keep '10 from going stale 365 days later. At least I think so. Skipping the usual New Year's Eve party night meant I was able to get an early start and I caught this picture, which kind of is a reference to the Paint it Black album, in a really shitty way.

Even with cams, internet forecasts and cell phones, this is still one of the best moments of the session: walking up to get that first glimpse of what conditions you're in store for at you're local break.
Overall, it was cold, empty, but also spread out and peeling. Enough swell to make it fun, but not too much to make it feel like work. Deeper tide meant the waves had a nice gentle peel for the most part and they were lining up well for my noserider.
Spent a two hour session alone with my thoughts, which was a great way to start off 2010. Much better than waking up with a hangover and stumbling to the couch with a splitting headache to sit my ass in front of the TV until I felt better.

No comments: